NEW: The innovative combination for added protection
Air disinfection using ultraviolet light has been used successfully in various areas for around 40 years. Microorganisms such as viruses, bacteria, yeasts or fungi are killed in seconds by UV radiation. UV light not only benefits hospitals and doctors, for example, but is also useful in offices or air conditioning systems.
Store clothes and disinfect them with ultraviolet light
We have utilized this proven technology to develop an innovative storage solution that meets the requirements of work environments with strict hygiene requirements. The UV-C locker offers sufficient space for storing work and personal clothing while simultaneously disinfecting the interior of the locker and a large portion of the clothing surface - wherever the radiation reaches - thanks to the integrated germicidal lamps.
AWARDED WITH THE PLUS X AWARD 2021
The UV-C locker was awarded the world's largest innovation prize for technology, sports and lifestyle – the PLUS X AWARD. It convinced the independent and specialized jury of experts in no less than four categories. The UV-C locker received the best award in the categories Quality, Ease of Use, Functionality and Ergonomics.
How UV-C light works
To date, all tested microorganisms, bacteria and viruses (including various corona viruses) react to irradiation with UV-C light. Due to the photolytic effect it has on their DNA, they are unable to replicate. A cleaning effect is achieved at wavelengths below 320 nm, and a maximum effect is expected at about 260 nm.
At a sufficiently high radiation intensity, UV disinfection is a reliable and environmentally friendly method. The use of toxic chemicals is avoided and microorganisms cannot develop resistance to UV rays.
The germicidal lamp we use is the “OSRAM HNS 8W G5 G5”, which emits short-wave UV radiation with a peak value of approx. 254 nm. Effective disinfection is guaranteed over the entire service life of the lamp (9,000 operating hours). To ensure full performance, the lamp should be replaced in good time.
Possible applications of the UV-C locker
The UV-C locker is ideal wherever there is a need for storage space for clothes, where strict hygiene regulations apply and where people need to be efficiently protected against viruses and bacteria. Thanks to its simple operation, it offers convenient added protection for:
- Medical practices
- Food industry
- Cosmetics industry
- Laboratories and pharmaceutical companies
- and more!
- Locker with integrated UV-C lighting for the sterile storage of personal and work clothes
- Each compartment has its own electronics, which autonomously control the sterilization process.
- The sterilization process is triggered each time the door of the locker is opened and closed, and is automatically switched off after three minutes.
- If the locker is opened while the sterilization lights are in operation, the process is immediately interrupted automatically and restarts once the door is closed - thus eliminating the possibility of people being exposed to UV-C light.
- The locker is equipped with two lamps for sterilization that irradiate the clothes compartment with UV-C light from above and below. This reduces shadow formation to a minimum.
- To ensure that the UV-C rays reach as much of the clothing as possible, we recommend the use of a C + P drying hanger, which allows jackets and smocks to be hung loosely.
- We recommend using locker color RAL 9016 (traffic white). This ensures a high degree of light reflection from the interior surfaces and thus more efficient sterilization.
Advantages of the UV-C locker:
- Kills bacteria, viruses and other microorganisms in seconds
- No impairment of taste and smell
- No harmful by-products are formed (such as THM)
- No addition of chemicals necessary
- Low maintenance procedure and easy handling
- Low investment and operating costs
- Highest operational safety
AVAILABLE FOR ORDER NOW!
EVOLO S 3000 UV-C LOCKER
- 400 mm compartment width
- paint RAL 9016
- 2 x lamps – per compartment (see picture)
- 3 minutes lighting duration at closed door
- power supply per compartment
- CE marking for UV-C lighting technology
- delivery time 6 weeks
1-95300-441, UV-C, 2 compartments
1-95301-441, UV-C, 3 compartments
You are interested in our innovation? Contact us:
Tel.: 06465 919 - 888, E-Mail: international-sales(at)cp.de
We look forward to supporting you in the realisation of your project ideas.